The Nets once again are looking for a backup to Jason Kidd after losing Keyon Dooling to the Magic. Dooling commited to a four-year, $11 million deal yesterday, significantly more than what the Nets were offering. Among those the Nets are reportedly considering: longtime Net-killer Milt Palacio and Shareef Abdur-Rahim's good friend Damon Stoudamire.
- Dooling picks Magic over Nets - Dave D'Allesandro - Newark Star-Ledger
- Nets Lose Out in Duel for Dooling - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Magic signs Dooling, Nets Mull Next Move - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Nets miss out on Dooling, eye Stoudamire - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Nets get spurned; Larry mulls Knicks - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record