Shareef Abdur-Rahim says the prospect of playing "with Jason Kidd and for Lawrence Frank" is exciting. The Nets and Blazers are still trying to work out a sign-and-trade deal that would provide Abdur-Rahim with an extra $10 million on signing day, but report little progress. There are also unconfirmed reports the Blazers want to work a last-minute, three-way deal that would send the free agent to the Kings instead. Meanwhile, the Nets are trying to find a backup point guard and re-sign Cliff Robinson.
- Nets to Acquire Abdur-Rahim, Agent Says - Liz Robbins & Howard Beck - New York Times
- Blazers Play Hardball with Nets, Shareef - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets: Plenty of work ahead - Dave D'Allesandro - Newark Star-Ledger
- Blazers' GM plays hardball with Nets - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record
- Nets' move is Thorny issue - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Blazers set to ride free agent carousel - Geoffrey C. Arnold - Oregonian