They heard it again yesterday and they will keep hearing it until they can put together four straight quarters of NBA-quality defense: their main problem this year is letting the other team score more points. The Nets have played a few decent quarters of defense, but never a full game and now, two games under .500, the time has come to try. Meanwhile, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson both missed practice yesterday but are expected to play tomorrow vs. the Bobcats.
- Nets: Defense now a sensitive issue - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- No Kidding: Nets Aren't InVince-able - Peter Vecsey - New York Post
- Swollen Knee May KO Carter - Mike Forde - New York Post
- Kidd knows Nets have no defense for lack of effort - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets try to get past debacle - Tara Sullivan - The Record
- Nets in search of answers - Bob Considine - White Plains Journal-News