ESPN Insider Chris Sheridan writes that the Nets are one of the teams most likely to pull the trigger on a deal soon. Sheridan states that New Jersey is shopping Zoran Planinic and their two 2006 first-round picks for a power forward, and may package Lamond Murray, Scott Padgett and/or Jeff McInnis once they become trade-eligible Thursday. The Post's Fred Kerber and the Record's Al Iannazzone write that the Nets are pursuing Houston's Stromile Swift. Kerber says the Nets offered Marc Jackson and a pick for the free agent they missed out on this summer. Houston said no thanks. Meanwhile, Chad Ford says New Jersey is one place Carlos Boozer could land.
- Shopping season begins in the NBA - Chris Sheridan - ESPN Insider
- Nets Could Make Big Deal Swift-ly - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets Notes: Moving Marc? - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Someone ring the opening bell - Al Iannazzone - YES Network
- Dave D'Alessandro Chat (Audio) - NJ.com
- Chat with Chad Ford - ESPN