Rosie Perez, the Brooklyn-born actress who played opposite Woody Harrelson in "White Men Can't Jump", was the headline attraction yesterday in a march against Bruce Ratner's plan for a Nets' arena and mini-city. About 400 protestors raised $50,000 against what they see as a oversized, overpriced project. Meanwhile, a former Brooklyn Borough Historian thinks he sees a compromise ahead, although he also believes the project has some fundamental flaws, like $1 billion in subsidies.
- Actress in Battle to Foil Nets' Arena Bid - Patrick Gallahue - New York Post
- Walk Don't Destroy Brooklyn - Update! - No Land Grab
- Atlantic Yards Opponents Raise $50,000 in Walk-a-thon - David Lombino - New York Sun
- Battle Lines Being Drawn Over Nets' Arena in Brooklyn - Amy Zimmer - NY Metro
- The Project That Ate Brooklyn - John B. Manbeck - New York Times
- Rosie Perez leads N.Y. protest - UPI
- Protestors Gather To Raise Money To Block Brooklyn Development Plan - NY1