The man who signs the checks says he is happy to do so and predicts the Nets can win an NBA championship with the team Rod Thorn and Ed Stefanski have assembled. Bruce Ratner compared his rookie experience to Nenad Krstic's in terms of building confidence. Meanwhile, Zoran Planinic continues to win plaudits, with Jason Kidd and Vince Carter joining Lawrence Frank in praising the third-year guard.
- Ratner: We Could Win It All - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Ratner's no longer a rookie - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Ratner: 'I've been forgiven' - Dave D'Allesandro - Newark Star-Ledger
- Ratner more settled as Nets' owner - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Confident Planinic impresses - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record