Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson are not happy with the NBA's new dress code, with Carter considering it an assault on players' freedom of expression and RJ seeing it as a labor issue. Either way, expect them to define "business casual" their own way. On the other side: Cliff Robinson, the team's oldest player and, quite possibly, Nets' investor and rappter Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter who does own a menswear company and once advised young people to dress better.
- Carter no fan of rules - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record
- NBA Lists Fashion Do's and Don'ts - Jerry Crowe & Valli Herman - Los Angeles Times
- NBA Player Dress Code - NBA
- Nets react to NBA's new dress policy - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- NBA Order to Dress Up Doesn't Mean Selling Out - Scott Soshnick - Bloomberg