Chauncey Billups played on an injured ankle in last year's Eastern Conference Finals, and he was severely outplayed by Jason Kidd. He will be out to prove himself against Kidd in the second round in what could be the most important match-up of the series.
- Kidd-Billups matchup could be key in Nets-Pistons series - Larry Lage - AP
- Billups physically fit for Kidd - Chris Nelson - Star-Ledger
- Being the underdog not new to Kidd - M.A. Mehta - Star-Ledger
- Nets can always rely on Kidd when the going gets tough - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Healthy Billups On Point - Marc Berman - New York Post
- Billups eager for 2nd shot at Kidd - Joanne C. Gerstner - Detroit News
- Series more than Kidd vs. Billups - Perry A. Farrell - Detroit Free Press