In the battle of star point guards, one showed why he was selected to the All-NBA team, while the other couldn't handle the load he was forced to carry. The Nets focused their defense on Stephon Marbury all series, and he was unable to do enough to get his team a win. Marbury averaged 21.3 points per game in the series, but shot just 37% from the field.
- No Platitudes Can Hide Grimaces of Marbury - Ira Berkow - New York Times
- Nets notebook: Kidd named to First Team - Brad Parks - Star-Ledger
- Kidd rules in enemy territory - Lisa Olson - New York Daily News
- Marbury nets 31, but misses injured teammates - Darren Everson - New York Daily News
- Kidd Keeps His Cool - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Kidd Lands Spot on All-NBA First Team - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Knicks: Not a big selling point - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger