With 20 games left to play, the Nets are neck and neck with the Detroit Pistons for the second best record in the East, which could mean home court advantage in the second round of the playoffs. The Pistons are a game ahead overall, but the Nets are actually a game ahead in the loss column. The race is just what the Nets need to stay focused while they hold a 10 game lead over the Knicks in the Atlantic.
- Frank's vision of success is based upon division by 5 - Brad Parks - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Goal: Nail Down Runner-up - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets look for Kidd to return - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- After Split, Nets Return With Small Consolation - Vittorio Tafur - New York Times
- Nets want to avoid losing their focus down stretch - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Nets look to gear up for stretch run - Steve Adamek - Bergen Record