With three players dealt to Toronto, and Travis Best injured, the Nets had just 8 players in uniform Friday night in Memphis. They gave a great effort, and hung in the game, but they couldn't keep up with some hot shooting from the Grizzlies, falling by 5. Jason Kidd played 32 minutes, scoring 17 points and dishing out 8 assists, and looked the best he has since he came back, leading the Nets to 20 fast break points. Richard Jefferson led the team with 26 points and 11 rebounds, and Brian Scalabrine added 21 and 9 in a starting role.
- Boxscore - NBA
- Grizzlies Hold Off Nets Rally - NBA
- Nets Notebook - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets come up short - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Williams clutch as Griz survive rally - Ronald Tillery - Memphis Commercial-Appeal
- Grizzlies postgame - Ronald Tillery - Memphis Commercial-Appeal