The Nets held a press conference Thursday announcing a five-year contract extension for Rod Thorn. Thorn admitted that he made a mistake by not signing Kenyon Martin to an extension before he could become a free agent, and said that he will not trade Jason Kidd unless the deal is right for the Nets. At the same press conference, owner Bruce Ratner projected that the Nets would move to Brooklyn by the beginning of the 2007-08 season.
- Thorn: We Blew It With Kenyon - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Thorn in for the long haul, but is Kidd? - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Rod Thorn signs extension to remain as Nets president - Tom Canavan - AP
- Thorn gets a new deal - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- No promises on Kidd - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record
- Ratner's Brooklyn timetable: '07-'08 - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record
- Thorn hopes his future extends to Kidd - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News