After blowing out the Indiana Pacers in their Summer League opener, the Nets have now lost back-to-back games, this time to the Oklahoma City Thunder who were without Steven Adams, yet still managed to drop the Nets, 98-84.
Brooklyn was once again led by Mason Plumlee who had 13 points and six rebounds in 23 minutes, but were without Jorge Gutierrez (ribs) in this one. Marquis Teague had 10 points and four rebounds in 18 minutes, but also managed to turn the ball over five times. As a team, Brooklyn turned the ball over 26 times.
The Thunder were led by Jeremy Lamb, who went for a game-high 26 points in 35 minutes. Oklahoma City Thunder shot just 43.8 percent from the floor, but because of the sloppy play by the Nets and 14 offensive rebounds, they were able to put up 80 field goal attempts.
Again, it wasn't pretty. Not since Game One of the Summer League have the Nets looked all that impressive. Still, it's Summer League, and this is more or less a chance to get Plumlee some nice run and see what else they have in the rookies, whether or not they actually make the team this year.
Next up for the Nets is Wednesday night against the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Thunder at Nets - July 7, 2014 - Box Score - NBA.com
- Plumlee to Jefferson Alley-oop (Video) - NBA.com
- Plumlee to Brown Alley-oop (Video) - NBA.com
- Stockton Splits the Defense (Video) - NBA.com
- Big Man Break (Video) - NBA.com
- So close to a close game: Thunder down Nets in third game of Summer League - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Summer League Central - Brooklyn Nets
- Q&A with Brooklyn Nets' Markel Brown: Former Oklahoma State standout off and running at summer league - Darnell Mayberry - The Oklahoman
- Cory Jefferson is honoring former Baylor teammate Isaiah Austin - Connor Casey - Orlando Sentinel
- The Daily Aztec : Brooklyn Nets trade for Aztec ‘X-Factor’ - Terence Chin - Daily Aztec