In a Google+ Hangout from the World Series of Poker Thursday, Paul Pierce said he has "no idea" where he will playing next year but added that he has taken calls from Doc Rivers, who's trying to recruit him for the Clippers.
Pierce on WSOP google hangout: "I have no idea where I'll be going next year." #Nets— Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) July 10, 2014
Pierce confirms (as if needed) that Doc has called him and says as others have dominos will fall when Melo/Bron land #Nets— Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) July 10, 2014
Pierce apparently didn't provide details on when the Clippers coach and president of Basketball Operations called or what other teams he's referring to. The big dominoes, the futures of LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony were supposed to fall Thursday, but as of 5 p.m., there was no news.
A week ago, Ramona Shelburne and Ohm Youngmisuk reported on ESPN.com that the Clippers are offering the Nets some combination "of Jared Dudley, Matt Barnes and last year's first-round pick Reggie Bullock." Later that day, Billy King said nothing the Clippers were offering makes sense "at this time," but wasn't what might make sense.
The next day, Adrian Wojnarowski reported that unless the Clippers are willing to trade J.J. Redick or first-round picks to Nets for Paul Pierce, a sign-and-trade is unlikely. Making things more difficult, the hard-capped Clippers can only take on Pierce if his salary is less than what the Nets would get in return.
- Brooklyn Nets' Paul Pierce talks about uncertain future - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York