Brooklyn Nets guard Deron Williams underwent successful surgery today on both ankles, General Manager Billy King announced today. The surgery was performed by Nets’ foot and ankle specialist, Dr. Martin O’Malley.
Williams is expected to be on crutches for four-to-six weeks before beginning "light court activities" in August, according to Dr. O'Malley. The plan is for Williams to be able to participate in full basketball activities in September and be 100 percent by the time training camp rolls around in October.
Last week, the Nets said surgeons would remove a bone chip removed from his right ankle, while the left needed an arthroscopic cleanout with removal of spurs from both the front and back of the ankle. The left ankle has long troubled Williams. There's been some suggestion the last two summers that Williams needed surgery.
- Deron Williams Medical Update - Brooklyn Nets
- Deron Williams of Brooklyn Nets has surgery on both ankles - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets offseason breakdown: Deron Williams - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets hope Deron’s ankle problems in past after latest surgery - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Following ankle surgery, Nets' Deron Williams should be ready by training camp - Rod Boone - Newsday
- After surgery, Deron Williams expected back in time for training camp - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Deron Williams had successful ankle surgery - SNY Nets
What can we realistically expect from Deron Williams? - Brian Erni - SNY Nets
- Nets' Williams undergoes surgery on both ankles - AP
- Deron Williams expected to be ready by training camp after Nets guard has surgery on both ankles - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets Guard Deron Williams Undergoes Surgery on Both Ankles - Matthew Oshinsky - Wall Street Journal
- Nets' Deron Williams has successful surgery on both ankles - Zach Harper - CBS Sports
Brooklyn Nets GM Billy King Has To Find A Way To Deal Deron Williams - Steve Lichtenstein - WFAN