Get out your passports, eh.
The No. 6 Brooklyn Nets will face the No. 3 Toronto Raptors in the first round of the NBA playoffs. Game 1 will be 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the Air Canada Centre. It will air on ESPN. Brooklyn split the season series 2-2 with the Atlantic Division champions.
Here is the official schedule that the NBA released. The Nets won't play in Brooklyn until next Friday.
#Nets sked: GM 1 Sat. 12:30; GM 2 Tues. 8; GM 3 Fri. 7; GM 4 Sun. 7; GM 5 Wed. TBD; GM 6 Fri. TBD; GM 7 Sun. TBD— Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) April 17, 2014
Of the four games between the Nets and Raptors this year, three were decided by four or fewer points, the last one a heart-breaker. By losing Wednesday, Brooklyn avoided another first-round matchup with the Bulls, who dropped to the fourth seed and face the Wizards who finished at No. 5.
Nets players have logged 563 post-season games --511 as starters. Mason Plumlee, Jorge Gutierrez, Marcus Thornton and Alan Anderson are the only Nets with no playoff experience. Thornton tweeted out his excitement
5 yrs in and now I can finally say playoff time where u really make a name for yourself #LetsGetIt— Marcus Thornton (@OfficialMT23) April 17, 2014
The last time the Nets won a playoff series was in 2007 when New Jersey beat Toronto in six with Jason Kidd averaging a triple-double. Jason Collins' defense on Chris Bosh was crucial to that series win.
- Nets-Raptors Preview (Video) - ESPN
- For Brooklyn Nets, the pressure is officially on - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- With their payroll, Nets are no underdog - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Brooklyn Nets-Toronto Raptors Playoff Schedule - The Brooklyn Game
- Raptors: Stories and talking points about with Toronto-Brooklyn Nets NBA playoff series - Doug Smith