From the general feel off this thread, it feels fans think we should get a big. That might be the case, but if were going to continue starting Livingston and Williams together, a guard off the bench should be priority #1.
Option 1: After the deadline passes, we could look into taking one of the lottery teams rotational guards, and in return give our DPE. These players would be salary dumps for the lottery teams, and their loss will only help with the tanking.
Possibilities for DPE:
Option 2: Trade our almost worthless players (Terry/Evans) for players on bad teams with bigger contracts.
Possibilities for Trade:
- Trade #1: (a croatian’s idea) Jason Terry (Reggie Evans) + Zaza Pachulia (Gary Neal)
- The reason the Bucks do it: They get to save a year of paying a $5 mil player. They already have a logjam in the front court, and they have better prospects than Zaza. Before the season, the Bucks were in win-now mode, but the players they signed (Mayo, Butler, Pachulia) have not performed. The deal could be extended where we get Gary Neal, who has had issues with Sanders, could be dealt for Reggie Evans. This trade saves the Bucks money, makes them worst on the talent level, and gives them too veteran locker room guys for that mess of a team.
- The reason the Nets do it: They get a big, tough, rebounding big, who is also a solid passer of the ball. They could also get guard who can play the point, in Gary Neal.
- Trade #2: (another trade idea) Reggie Evans for Trade Exception + Future 2nd Rd pick
- The reason the other team does it: If they need another veteran big, or need help rebounding, Reggie is their guy.
- The reason the Nets do it: They get a roster spot, and maybe one will see that future 2nd rd pick.
Option 3: Take some chances with the 10 day contracts…
Possibilites for a 10 day contract:
- Adonis Thomas - Sg/Sf
- Darius Odom-Johnson - Sg/Pg
- Myck Kabongo - Pg
- DeAndre Liggins - Sg/Sf
- Rodrigue Beaubois - Pg/Sg
- Darius Morris - Pg
- Sasha Vujacic - Sg
- Dewayne Dedmon - C