According to David Aldridge, the Nets and Kings have a deal in place that will send Jason Terry and Reggie Evans to the Kings in exchange for Marcus Thornton. This after hearing from multiple outlets that a deal was close.
Nets, Kings complete trade of Marcus Thenron for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans. No picks involved.— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 19, 2014
Thornton is averaging just 8.3 points and a career-low 38.1 percent shooting from the floor, but over his career he's been better, averaging 13.5 points, and during the 2010-11 season averaged 21.3 points in 27 games as a member of the Sacramento Kings.
Earlier, there were multiple reports are starting to come out regarding an imminent trade between the Sacramento Kings and the Brooklyn Nets that would send Marcus Thornton to Brooklyn in exchange for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans.
We've reported on this deal several times over the past 24 hours as details started to trickle in, but now, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Ken Berger of CBS Sports and Howard Beck of Bleacher Report, the deal is nearing its final stages.
Brooklyn-Sacramento nearing agreement on Jason Terry-Reggie Evans for Marcus Thornton deal, as Yahoo reported Tuesday. No picks or cash.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
Sources confirm that a deal sending Marcus Thornton to Nets for Terry/Evans is close. Not done yet.— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) February 19, 2014
The Nets and Kings are on the verge of completing the Marcus Thornton for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans deal, sources confirm.— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) February 19, 2014
Now, the Nets have Thornton, a scorer off the bench, and were able to get younger without giving up any real assets
- .Sources: Nets reach agreement to acquire Kings' Marcus Thornton - Adrian Wojnarowoski - Yahoo! Sports
- Nets get Marcus Thornton in trade for Terry, Evans - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets Add Guard in Trade With Kings - Andrew Keh - New York Times
Nets acquire Kings' Marcus Thornton - Ohm Youngmisuk & Marc Stein - ESPN
- Trade grades - Nets acquire Kings' Thornton for Terry, Evans - Kevin Pelton - ESPN
- Rapid Reaction: Thornton to Nets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Source: Nets acquire Kings' Thornton - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets agree to trade Jason Terry and Reggie Evans to Sacramento for shooting guard Marcus Thornton - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Kevin Garnett: Deadline moves would be a "letdown" - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets agree to three-player trade for Kings' Marcus Thornton - DeAnte Prince - Sporting News
- Nets Acquire Marcus Thornton from Sacramento - Brooklyn Nets
What Will Marcus Thornton Bring To The Brooklyn Nets? - Jake Henson - The Brooklyn Game
- Kings trade guard Marcus Thornton to Nets - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
Kings create more minutes for McLemore by trading Thornton to Nets - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
- A look back at Marcus Thornton's time with Kings - Sacramento Bee