Deron Williams is in the midst of yet another injury riddled season. Williams has battled ankle woes and now has said that his confidence is low. Jason Kidd is trying a unique way to get the best out of his 100-million dollar guard, going up against him in practice.
Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News reports that Kidd played with the team during five-on-five drills during practice, matching up against Williams.
During another disappointing and injury-riddled season for Deron Williams, Kidd stepped on the court during five-on-five drills and went head-to-head with the point guard in a spirited exchange at a recent practice, a source told the Daily News.
Bondy adds that Kidd was "going hard at Williams" and that Williams can use some inspiration from the future Hall of Fame inductee Kidd.
- Jason Kidd challenges Deron Williams, Nets coach takes on point guard in practice session - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets six-game Western swing may define season - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- What Nets need to do to win Atlantic Division - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Can the Brooklyn Nets keep it up after All-Star break? - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
- Starting Five: D-Will's second-half surge? - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York