Paul Pierce took another step back from fanning the flames of rivalry in his latest interview with DIME. Just as he did with Dex Henry of NetsDaily, Pierce was more diplomatic in talking about the Knicks.
"I think right now, the foundation has been laid," said Pierce. "I think now it’s just time to take care of things on the court."
But Pierce also talked about how the Nets are laying the foundation for something beyond the shelf life of their current roster.
"That’s the only thing — you have to have ownership, you have to put together ownership and the people that’s really excited about winning," said Pierce.. "You can tell by the way the owner has opened the pocketbook, and moved to bring a team [to Brooklyn]. I think it’s something you’ll continue to see."
- Paul Pierce On What He Learned From The Celtics Greats - Spencer Lund - DIME
More from NetsDaily:
- Paul Pierce: It all begins with the owner
- Mirza Teletovic, Bojan Bogdanovic big tickets in Europe
- Sporting News ranks the top small forwards; Paul Pierce No. 4, Andrei Kirilenko No. 14
- All-Star Game presser points to differences between Nets and Knicks
- Andrei Kirilenko is all-in on Nets' Russia connection