Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams has suffered an ankle sprain and a bone bruise during a recent workout in Utah. The injury has put Williams in a walking boot, according to Bondy, which can't be good for dodgeball-related activities, let alone basketball--related ones.
The good news, however, if there is any, is that Williams is expected to be ready by time the Nets start training camp on October 1st at Duke University.
A real concern, though, is that Williams has repeatedly dealt with ankle injuries, most recently missing time last season which ultimately led to cortisone shots and PRP (patelet-rich plasma) injections in his ankles.
As Bondy notes, though, this approach to wear a walking boot for a sprained ankle and bone bruise is more of a "cautionary" one than anything, but given his history dealing with ankle injuries, it's hard to blame him for being cautious.
- Deron Williams suffers right ankle sprain, should be ready for Nets training camp - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Deron Williams suffers ankle sprain during offseason workouts - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Deron Williams of Brooklyn Nets has sprained ankle, bone bruise - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets’ Deron Williams sprains ankle, should be ready for camp - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Nets' Williams has sprained right ankle - AP
- Nets’ Williams Sprains Ankle in Workout - Andrew Keh - New York Times
- Williams Injured Ankle During Recent Workouts - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Deron Williams has sprained ankle, bone bruise - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Brooklyn Nets Out Of Luck If Williams Can’t Dodge Ankle Woes - Steve Lichtenstein - WFAN
- Deron Williams in walking boot after spraining ankle - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Deron Williams sprains right ankle - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game