The Nets play 20 back-to-backs this season and Kevin Garnett probably won't play both ends of any of them. So says Jason Kidd who said he's spoken to KG about it. Garnett, 37, played 68 games last season, with Doc Rivers managing his minutes in a similar fashion.
"When you look at KG, probably no back-to-backs, but those are just topics right now that are being thrown around," Kidd said Friday, as reported by Mike Mazzeo.
Jason Kidd threw around other topics Friday at a press conference unveiling specific plans for the renovation of Nassau Coliseum. The Nets will play a preseason game, hold an open practice and Kidd will host basketball camp at the arena once it's done.
Kidd said he wants to see Deron Williams in the mix for MVP, something Chris Broussard suggested Wednesday.
“I think for him it’s a great challenge. He needs to get back into the conversation,” Kidd said . “And as a coach ... I think it’s our responsibility to make sure he gets back in the conversation. There’s a lot of great players in this league, so if you can be part of that conversation, you’re doing something right.”
As for Paul Pierce's stream of consciousness on the Knicks, Kidd likes what he's heard about Pierce's hatred for his old team. Kidd says he fully supports the comments and hopes Pierce can spread it throughout the locker room.
- Jason Kidd on Kevin Garnett: Probably no back-to-backs - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- D-Will for MVP? Kidd wants him in mix - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Jason Kidd on Paul Pierce: There's nothing wrong with confidence - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Kevin Garnett unlikely to play in back-to-backs, says Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Jason Kidd: "Probably" no back-to-backs for Kevin Garnett - - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Kidd gloves in Nets’ plans for Garnett - Howie Kussoy - New York Post
- Jason Kidd might be in hot water with David Stern - FOX Sports
Nets: Kevin Garnett Probably Won't Play Back-to-Backs - Chris Herring - Wall Street Journal
- Jason Kidd says Kevin Garnett ‘probably’ won’t play in back-to-backs - Brett Pollakoff - NBC Sports
- Kidd: Kevin Garnett probably won’t play in back-to-backs - Brian Erni - SNY Nets
- Kidd, Calipari help trumpet revived NY arena - Frank Eltman - AP\
- Jason Kidd talks KG strategy at Nassau - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- New Brooklyn Nets star Paul Pierce continues to amp up the hostility toward the Knicks - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News