Alan Anderson, the 6'6" shooting guard who the Nets looked at earlier in free agency, is about to sign a two-year deal with Brooklyn, reports Adrian Wojnarowski and Sam Amick. The contract is apparently a vets minimum deal, with a player option in the second year, according to Anderson's agent.
Free agent forward Alan Anderson is finalizing an agreement with the Brooklyn Nets, league source tells Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 26, 2013
Alan Anderson to the Nets on a two-year deal, per agent Mark Bartelstein.— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) July 26, 2013
Anderson later confirmed the deal via Twitter.
I wanna thank the Toronto raptors and the fans for all the love and support.....now I'm off to BROOKLYN!!— Alan Anderson (@ASqared06) July 26, 2013
He averaged 10.7 ppg in Toronto last season, shooting 33 percent from deep. Andersons' best game last season game against the Knicks. He also has a reputation as a good defender. Anderson, 30, will bring the Nets roster strength to 15 and add another $4 million or so (does it matter?) to the Nets luxury tax bill, bringing the total estimate for salary and luxury tax to around $189 million.
Anderson was the Nets original "Plan B" after Bojan Bogdanovic couldn't get out of his contract with Fenerbahce two weeks ago. As one league source has noted, the Nets were still talking to Anderson when Andrei Kirilenko agreed to sign for the mini-MLE, in itself a big surprise.
He's a big fan of Barclays Center. Here's what he told his hometown paper after his first visit ... "First class all the way. ...Even the visiting locker rooms are like home locker rooms. They did a great job with the place, and it's in a perfect location for the city." The Nets worked out Anderson in 2011 when he and Gerald Green went at it in Houston during the All-Star Break. The Nets chose Green.
Asked if the Nets were planning other moves, a league source familiar with their thinking offered a non-committal, "Not right now."
- Alan Anderson off to Brooklyn Nets, agent says - ESPN
- Nets rival Yankees for highest N.Y. payroll - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets sign Alan Anderson - SNY Nets
- Nets sign swingman Anderson to two-year deal - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brooklyn Nets sign free-agent swingman Alan Anderson to a two-year deal - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brooklyn Nets add Alan Anderson - Al Iannazzone - Newsday
Nets agree to deal with Alan Anderson - AP
- Nets sign former Raptor Alan Anderson to two-year deal - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Alan Anderson agrees to two-year deal with the Nets - Royce Young - CBS Sports
- WOJ: Nets sign Alan Anderson - Chris Hooker - The Brooklyn Game
- The Newest Net: Alan Anderson - Ian Parfrey - Brooklyn Fans