At noon on Thursday, the promise of Brooklyn gets fulfilled.
Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Andrei Kirilenko and Jason Terry will step on stage at Barclays Center, each with a Nets uniform jersey, each happy to be in Brooklyn. It's the biggest Nets press conference in a decade, if not ever.
Along with their teammates Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez, the group makes up the core of a rotation that forms what should be the best Nets' team ever. We know all the positives and all the negatives, but If the off-season had a Finals, the Nets won it. No need to remind us that they have to play the games, or that we have to take it one game at a time, or that there are lots of things that can go wrong. We know, but at this point, we ... don't ... care.
The details of the event haven't been disclosed, but expect spectacle and surprise. The theme, we do know, is "We're In," The press conference will be held on the floor of the arena, not in the atrium where the arena's other big events, the ribbon-cutting, Islanders move and Jason Kidd hiring, have been held. There will be hundreds of media, including NetsDaily, as well as a group of season ticket holders inside and as many people who can stand the heat watching on the Oculus outside. Kidd and Billy King, the architect of the deals that brought it all together, will be on hand as well.
The press conference will be broadcast on YES, as well as on the Nets official website, brooklynnets.com, and of course the Oculus.
- Welcome to Brooklyn! - John Torenli - Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- We're In: Press Conference Scheduled for Thursday - Brooklyn Nets
- Larry Bird sings praises of new Net Paul Pierce - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Old friends Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce traded from Celtics, try to bring Brooklyn Nets title together - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce bring toughness to Nets and deal a blow to crosstown Knicks - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- Brooklyn Nets to introduce four newcomers Thursday - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
New York Hot Button Topic of the week - New York - Mike Mazzeo & Ian Begley - ESPN New York
- Vasquez: Deron Williams still needs to be Nets' leading man - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Ex-Net: Brooklyn could have ‘major’ ego problems - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Bogans decision was key to Nets-Celtics blockbuster - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Jason Terry: more than just a throw-in - Chris Hooker - The Brooklyn Game
- The Brooklyn Nets will stream images of its Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce introductions outside in sweltering heat - Kelly Dwyer - Yahoo! Sports