In case you missed it, Mason Plumlee was taken by the Nets at #22 in the first round of the NBA Draft. A few minutes later, Chris Broussard led a host of writers in announcing that the Nets had completed a trade for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry.
So like a number of others, we're just catching up with "Mason Mania," as it's called in Durham.
In interviews with Alyonka Larionov, Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts, Craig Sager and Jill Martin, the big Dukie comes across as well-spoken, self-effacing and not afraid to mix it up or needle.
He displayed an impressive fashion sense with Martin, becoming the first Nets player to discuss tie knots on national TV. He told Larionov how he worked last summer as an intern for Barclays Wealth Management and now this summer he's on Barclays Center TV! He explained to Joe and Evan what his game needs most: an ability to knock down shots. Although he is a great finisher, he made two (as in one more than one) jump shots last season. That led to a tongue-in-cheek article on Buzz Feed.
- Twenty-Second Pick: Mason Plumlee (Video) - ESPN
- Draft Interview: Mason Plumlee (Video) - Craig Sager - NBA.com
- NBA Style Mason Plumlee (Video) - Jill Martin - NBA.com
- Draft Night at Barclays Center (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Joe and Evan with Mason Plumlee (Audio) - Joe Benigno & Evan Roberts - WFAN
- Mason Plumlee: 6/28 (Audio) - Ryan Ruocco & Alan Hahn - ESPN Radio
- Unskilled White Basketball Player Mason Plumlee Is A Civil Rights Hero - Ben Mathis-Lilley - BuzzFeed