Billy King on Jason Kidd assembling his coaching staff: "I think probably the next couple of days, we’ll make some announcements." #Nets— Rod Boone (@rodboone) June 24, 2013
As noted Sunday, the Nets have genuine optimism that Lawrence Frank will take the lead job on the bench and Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that Roy Rogers is close to agreeing to terms. Marc Stein added his confirmation late Monday.
Adding to chatter about Jason Kidd's Brooklyn staff: Nets remain confident deal will be finalized to secure Lawrence Frank as Kidd assistant— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 24, 2013
Beyond that, there have been few names mentioned (although reporters have noted the presence of former Sixer head coach and GM Tony DiLeo at PNY Center in recent days. DiLeo, who worked 23 years with the Sixers, is close to King.)
King also revealed that MarShon Brooks will not be on the summer league roster, that he knows what he has to do to succeed in the NBA and said he expects Kidd to challenge the third year player.
BK on J-Kidd w/MarShon: "He knows what he can do. He knows he's a scorer, but I think he's going to challenge him to do some other things."— Rod Boone (@rodboone) June 24, 2013
As for the Draft, King again said he liked where the Nets sit and wouldn't eliminate the team buying a pick, trading the first round pick or moving up using some of Mikhail Prokhorov's money to move up. The Nets worked out two players seen on the cusp of the first round, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Erick Green.
- King sees advantage to having late pick - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets still intent on hiring Frank, Rogers - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- King says working with Kidd is 'a lot of fun' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- In Search of a ‘Good Piece’ at No. 22, Billy King Readies For NBA Draft - Josh Newman - SNY Nets
- Jio Fontan, Demetrius Conger to Work Out Wednesday For Nets - Josh Newman - SNY Nets
- Nets to announce coaching hires in 'next couple of days' - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets' Draft Plan: Fishing for Complements - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
Is Erick Green A First Rounder? - John Schuhmann - NBA.com