From Billy King:
"During the course of Brook’s postseason physical, our doctors found that the screw in his surgically repaired right foot had bent. The screw was subsequently replaced, and Brook should resume basketball-related activities in August."
There were no details given as to when the surgery to repair the screw happened. We'll continue to update if and when we learn anything new. King has a press availability today, his annual take on the Draft.
Lopez, if you recall, broke his right foot during the 2011-12 preseason opener, causing him to miss 61 regular season games.
That break ultimately required a second surgery later that season. Last season, Lopez sat seven games early in the season.
King spoke with the media, addressing the Lopez situation:
King says Lopez would have been in Team USA minicamp if he wasn't hurt.— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) June 24, 2013
King says there was no pain in Lopez's foot because of the screw. Anticipates no issues for Lopez being ready. Says he's in walking boot.— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) June 24, 2013
- Brook Lopez has third surgery on right foot - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Brook Lopez has third surgery on right foot, Nets unsure of when injury happened - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Brook Lopez Injury Update: Lopez Has Surgery On Right Foot - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Nets' Lopez has another surgery on foot, can resume basketball activities in August - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- More foot surgery for Nets' Lopez - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brook has third surgery on right foot - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Brook Lopez's new foot surgery doesn't alarm Nets GM Billy King - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Brook Lopez of Brooklyn Nets has bent screw in foot replaced - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
NBA: Nets' Brook Lopez on the mend - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Brook Lopez undergoes surgery to replace screw in right foot - Michael J. Fensom - Star-Ledger
- More Surgery for Lopez - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Nets' Brook Lopez has surgery on bent metal screw in his foot - Zach Harper - CBS Sports
- Brook Lopez medical update - Brooklyn Nets