Jason Kidd was dressed in sweats Monday as the Nets worked out and interviewed six draft prospects, including first round possibilities Tony Mitchell of North Texas State and C.J. Leslie of North Carolina State. Leslie actually didn't work out but the big news may be going on behind the scenes.
The Nets are talking to at least one assistant coaching candidate, Roy Rogers, Mike Mazzeo reports
Adrian Wojnarowski reported at 1:52 p.m. that early reports out of Phoenix that had big man coach Roy Rogers headed there may be inaccurate.
One of market's most recruited assistant coaches, Detroit's Roy Rogers, is no longer destined for Phoenix, sources tell Y! Nets in play.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 17, 2013
An hour later, Paul Coro, a Suns beat writer, said Phoenix is no longer interested in Rogers.
The Nets have said they want to move quickly on recruiting assistants, but names have been hard to come by ... other than Lawrence Frank, who Kidd openly said he is trying to recruit as his lead assistant. Rogers worked with Frank in both New Jersey and Detroit. Rogers successor as big man coach, Popeye Jones, continues to work with Nets draft prospects. However, Mario Elie has not and in a weekend ad for his hoops camp, played down his Nets connection.
- Kidd on the job for Nets' pre-draft workout - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN
- Source -- Jason Kidd of Brooklyn Nets looks to add Roy Rogers to staff - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Rogers a potential candidate for Kidd's coaching staff - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Olasewere Works Out For Nets With Knicks, Sixers On Deck - Josh Newman - SNY Nets
- Driven By Younger Brother’s Memory, Nurideen Lindsey Opens Long Workout Week at Nets - Josh Newman - SNY Nets
- Johnson: Kidd hiring just makes sense - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York