The Chicago Bulls will take the floor Thursday night with many of their top players in street clothes or out of sorts.
Tom Thibodeau put an end to any speculation about a Derrick Rose return Thursday by saying he is "out;" Kirk Hinrich is "most likely" out; and Luol Deng and Taj Gibson game time decision. As for Joakim Noah, Thibs said he "actually was very good today."
Deng and Gibson are the only surprises on the injury report. Both have been sick the last couple of days and while suited up didn't practice, much as Reggie Evans did Wednesday. Deng was the league leader in minutes per game this season at 38.7 and in the post-season at 44.8. Hinrich and Carlos Boozer are also in the post-season top 10.
For the Nets, Rod Boone asked Andray Blatche about his right calf. "It's all right," he said. "It's sore, but it's all right though." Blatche said he hoped that with treatment it would be 90 percent by game time. Joe Johnson (plantar fasciitis) continues to say he is playing on "one leg" and not much more than a "decoy." Few believe that.
Meanwhile, Deron Williams wasn't backing away from the importance of the game, "If we get this one, there’s going to be a lot of pressure on them going back into our building for Game 7," he told beat writers.
Game 6 will be televised on TNT and the YES Network at 8 pm ET. YES will air its Nets pre-game show immediately before, and its post-game show immediately after.
- W2W4: Nets at Bulls, Game 6 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Brooklyn Nets tired of losing to Chicago Bulls at United Center - Luis Padilla - ESPN New York
- Gimpy Nets look to get well in Game 6 - Luis Padilla - ESPN New York
- 2013 NBA Playoffs -- Kirk Hinrich of Chicago Bulls likely out of Game 6 - ESPN Chicago
- Bulls’ Kirk Hinrich likely out for Game 6 vs. Nets - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times
NBA playoffs 2013: Which underdogs could rally from 3-2 deficit? - Rob Mahoney - Sports Illustrated