Joe Johnson told beat writers Wednesday that he is basically playing on one leg and if this was a regular season game, he'd sit. But it isn't and he isn't. He's playing.
"I’m basically just a decoy, spot-up shooter. I can’t really do a whole lot," he said
Reggie Evans has some sort of flu and wasn't at practice. But he will be ready to fly to Chicago and play Thursday.
Andray Blatche's right calf is so sore. He hopes it will be 90 percent by Thursday. He swears he will play.
"There’s no doubt in our mind. We are the better team." he said
It's that time of year. Injuries mount up but fortunately (not luckily) the Nets injuries are not as bad as the Bulls. The Bulls official Twitter page reported Wednesday afternoon that "Kirk Hinrich didn't do much in practice & is day-to-day for Thursday's Game 6. Kirk said he is hopeful but needs to improve."
Johnson's injury is the worst. P.J. Carlesimo says he's not getting better but he's not getting worse either. "I'm giving it everything I got at this point," JJ said.
- Joe Johnson of Brooklyn Nets decoy due to injury - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- NBA Playoffs 2013 -- Nets have to end United Center drought - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- NBA Playoffs 2013 -- Brook Lopez playing career defense - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Joe Johnson: 5/1 (Audio) - Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco - ESPN Radio
- Nets' Johnson says he's 'out there on one leg' - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- 2013 NBA Playoffs: Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls has support of teammates - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- 2013 NBA Playoffs -- Kirk Hinrich of Chicago Bulls day-to-day for Game 6 - - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago