I translated(as best i know) the interview with Mirza Teletović from one Bosnia newspapers. Interview is from the day before the first game against Chichago. Unfortunately he obvious wants to stay at Nets:
In basketball circles here in America, the excitement is really at its peak before the start of playoff. How does this affect you?
- Honestly, I'm very excited, of course, because this is my first year in the NBA, and I've already got a chance to play in playoff. However, I think positive and I have successfully suppressed that thrill. I hope for the best. Chichago Bulls are strong and legendary teams, but we're motivated.
What and how much has changed compared to the last time we talked? How now, in general, the situation looks?
- Some things did not changed, like playing minutes. What do I know, they think that the first year should be like this. I try to have patience. Sometimes it is not easy. Basically, I say what I mean and I get by.
Is there a difference in approach between the former coach Avery Johnson and PJ?
- Definitely! P.J. have different personality,he talks more to the players about some things, and with him you roughly know where you are. In particular, it is better for me.
Well, can we say that you definitely overcome the "crisis"?
- I can say that for me crisis never happened. Only, here again I say, when it happens that you do not play a dozen games and then play one, you can hardly expect some great things. It is the same when you're not playing the whole game and play just the last quarter, cold, unheated, and before that you have not played seven games. Important are, as they say here in America, "consistent minutes."
You play in the strongest league in the world, which in itself is a success. Are you on your way to quickly come to your zenith as a player here in America
- Well, for this year we will see how much team will need me. Simply, it is impossible to predict what will happen. For the next year I guarantee, as far as me, that some things will be different.
Compilation TV spot "The Association" resembles the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, mention your city Jablanica etc. Does this contribut to your popularity in America and how do you comment that?
- I do not know really, I watched it maybe once when wife showed it to me. I'm trying not to read newspapers or forums because that things really do not interested me. I always remember words that coach Bogdan Tanjevićtold me, who said that Dejan Bodiroga could be a much better player if he did not read newspapers.
In which game you had the best performance in the NBA?
- Maybe against Houston, when I came in at a time when we were down by 13 points. Then we raised and mobilized all the defense. Also against Memphis. A good example is the game in which you need the team, when you are down 10 or 15 points, and then you get into the game and take it all back with energy and fighting spirit. There were two or three games in which i managed to do that here in NBA.
SO AS WE SEE THERE IS NO PLAYING MINUTES, OFFICE OR COACH THINKS THAT THAT SHOULD BE LIKE THAT, WITH PJ YOU ROUGHLY NOW WHERE YOU ARE( THE MAIN PART IS ROUGHLY), NEXT YEAR WILL BEE BETTER HE THINKS(I DO NOT THINK THAT, IT WILL BE WORST THAN THIS YEAR MIRZA), SO HE STAYS. (3pt, Randy etc. i am sooooo sorry)