The Nets are saying all the right things about Game 2 ... after doing all the right things on Saturday.
"The first one is easy," Deron Williams said before practice at the PNY Center. "You are ready for it. You are excited, the fans are excited. So, this one is going to be the one to get to see where we are at. We have to have that same energy and play with that same pace we did in Game 1 in Game 2."
"We’ve got to come back and play better than we played last night," Bogans said. "It’s going to be hard, but we can definitely do it."
The Bulls of course have more motivation. Being down 2-0 dramatically increases your chances of a first-round exit.
"You don’t ever want to get your ass kicked on national TV. Not to even mention in a playoff game," said Jimmy Butler.
The Nets dominated virtually every category, shooting (58.8 - 47.4), three-point shooting (42.9 to 25.0), rebounding (39-35), assists (18-15), points in the paint (56-36) and fast break points (12-3). P.J. Carlesimo also played Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche together throughout the game and the two combined for 33 points on 13-of-36 shooting.
But the big difference-maker was the guy with the ball. Deron Williams was not just dominant on the stat sheet. He led the team and with Kirk Hinrich hurting, he should be able to dominate ... again.
- Brooklyn Nets Post-Season Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Chicago Bulls Post-Season Game Notes - Chicago Bulls
- Brooklyn Nets tickets - TiqIQ
- Bulls at Nets - April 22, 2013 - Brian Mahoney - AP
- Healthier Deron Williams Soars Again - Zach Schonbrun - New York Times
- Nets: Can We Keep This Up? - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- NBA Playoffs 2013 -- Nets' challenge: Don't let Bulls get even - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- NBA Playoffs 2013 -- Game 1 game was vintage Deron Williams - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets preparing for Bulls' counterpunch - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets expecting charged-up Bulls - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Rejuvenated Deron Williams excels for Nets - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Backup point guard C.J. Watson gives Nets lift - Mark Herrmann - Newsday
- Deron flies into playoff mode - George Willis - New York Post
- D-Will expects Bulls to fight 2th and nail - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets’ Wallace shows signs of playoff breakout - - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brooklyn Nets blowout win over Chicago Bulls in Game 1 does not mean series is sure thing - Filip Bondy - New York Daily News
- After Opening Victory, Nets Ready to Adjust (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Nets In Black After Victory In Brooklyn Playoff Opener - Steve Lichtenstein - WFAN
- There's no help on the way for the Chicago Bulls, who look to rebound against Brooklyn Nets - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Brooklyn Nets guard C.J. Watson puts bad Chicago Bulls memory behind him - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Ex-Bull Bogans aids Nets - David Haugh - Chicago Tribune
- Taj Gibson's NBA dream was born in Brooklyn - David Haugh - Chicago Tribune
- Losing Derrick Rose for season starting to sink in for Thibs, Bulls - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times
- Bulls’ Joakim Noah feeling better, likely to start Game 2 - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times
- Jimmy Butler says ‘brutal’ film session might motivate Bulls for Game 2 - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times
- Murmurs growing, but Thibs, Bulls have Derrick Rose’s back - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times
- 2013 NBA Playoffs - Joakim Noah, Kirk Hinrich expected to play for Chicago Bulls in Game 2 - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- One Year Later, Bulls’ Woes Still Same - Steve Aschburner - NBA.com