Five years of bad basketball have ended. The Nets made the playoffs and won homecourt advantage. Now comes the hard part: playing and winning the games, giving it all for as long as you can in hopes of getting a shot at the Larry O'Brien Trophy. Stranger things have happened.
The Bulls are the first team to stand in the way of the dream, although they are decimated, they can still beat you, as they proved with nine healthy players back on April 4. Like Saturday night in Brooklyn, the Bulls were without Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, even Marco Belinelli, the Nets lost late, 92-90, one of the more frustrating games of the season.
Carlos Boozer destroyed the Nets that night with 29 points and 18 rebounds and Nate Robinson hit the dagger after Kirk Hinrich fouled out. It was that a good test of will for the Nets. who before that had lost two of three. They failed. This time, it looks like Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah are expected out. Two big losses, but the Bulls still have Tom Thibodeau.
For the Nets, this is a big deal, bringing the playoff atmosphere to Brooklyn. Brett Yormark promises a surprise or two and there will be a new introductory video. The Nets do have an advantage in having so many players with so much playoff experience. Of the 15 players on the roster, nine have a total of 313 players games, topped by Jerry Stackhouse (71), Joe Johnson (62) and Deron Williams (44). Expect big games from Brooklyn's Backcourt. They have had big games in the past and they'll need to show soon what they can do. As for Brook Lopez, his excitement at finally making the playoffs is genuine and palpable. Meanwhile, Gerald Wallace hopes he can turn his disappointint season around with a new start in the playoffs.
The doors open at 6 p.m. at the corner of Flatbush and Atlantic. What's left to say? GO NETS!
- Brooklyn Nets Post-Season Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Chicago Bulls Post-Season Game Notes - Chicago Bulls
- Bulls at Nets - April 20, 2013 - Brian Mahoney - AP
- Rousing Brooklyn Entry Raises Stakes for Nets - Zach Schonbrun - New York Times
- How they matchup - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Ex-Bulls ready for old team - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brooklyn set for taste of playoffs - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- P.J. makes best of a ‘difficult situation’ - George Willis - New York Post
- Gerald Wallace hopes to make up for tough regular season - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets-Bulls key matchups - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah doubtful for Game 1 - Filip Bondy - New York Daily News
- P.J. Carlesimo must get Brooklyn Nets past Chicago Bulls to keep job hopes alive - Filip Bondy - New York Daily News
- NBA playoffs: Playoffs is proving ground for Nets' coach - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- NBA playoffs: Nets' 3 keys to beating Bulls - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- 2013 NBA playoffs - Previewing the Chicago Bulls versus Brooklyn Nets first-round series - Amin Elhassan & Bradford Doolittle - ESPN Insider
NBA playoffs 2013 - Our experts make their picks for opening day - ESPN
- Statistical Nets-Bulls preview - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Expert picks: Nets vs. Bulls - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Watson, Bogans downplay facing Bulls - - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- P.J. jokes: I'd make me coach for life - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- 2013 NBA Playoffs -- Matchups: Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Johnson: Bulls Better Chemistry and Defense May Be Tough For Nets To Overcome - Derrel Johnson - SNY Nets
- Joakim Noah Doubtful For Game 1; Deron Williams, C.J. Watson Not Expecting Derrick Rose Back - Josh Newman - SNY Nets
- Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson Discuss Matchup with Bulls (Video) - Josh Newman - SNY Nets
- Nets-Bulls Playoff Preview: Bench Mob Matchup - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- #HELLOPLAYOFFS VIDEO - Brooklyn Fans
- Nets vs. Bulls - Positional Breakdown - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- NBA Playoff preview: Knicks, Nets get it started - Star-Ledger
- Bulls vs. Nets: ESPN Chicago's predictions - ESPN Chicago
- Noah says he's doubtful vs. Nets - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- Chicago Bulls News: Joakim Noah suffers setback with plantar fasciitis. - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Chicago Bulls-Brooklyn Nets matchups - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Joakim Noah out for Game 1 after foot injury flares up - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times
- Thibs’ gamesmanship on Derrick Rose doesn’t last long - Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times