Mark D. Smith-USA TODAY Sports
If you thought Joe Johnson wasn't yet himself over the weekend, you were right. At practice Monday, Johnson was limited as he continued to rest his heel. In the two games vs. the Mavericks and Bulls, JJ scored 22 points. Although he shot 10-of-22 in the games, he hit only 2-of-4 three's.
Meanwhile, P.J. Carlesimo continued on the themes he's talked about since Saturday: shortening and changing the rotation, including playing Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche together, something he said might take some practice to work out. But he said, "we won't be doing it a lot."
As to what he plans to do with the rotation, Carlesimo had little to say. He wouldn't reveal the changes he plans just yet. "It’s a secret," the coach said with a smile.
One thing he did talk about was goals. "Nine would be good, but I don't think we'll get to nine," said when asked specifics. So it sounds like the rotation will be cut from the current 11 players down to 10. That could mean Kris Humphries or MarShon Brooks are out, but Mirza Teletovic is in. Teletovic, asked how difficult it is to go into a game late as has happened lately, admitted, "It's tough. It's really, really, tough."
Does all this mean fewer minutes for Reggie Evans, who is after all leading the NBA in rebound rate and percentage of shots blocked? Carlesimo wasn't saying, but Stefan Bondy noted via Twitter, "22 percent of Reggie Evans' shots being blocked is a crazy stat." Bondy later addended the tweet to note that since the All-Star break, ten of Evans shot attempts have been blocked.
Jerry Stackhouse returned to practice after missing the last week for personal reasons. Carlesimo is taping a CenterStage for YES Network today.
Based on tweets from Stefan Bondy, Rod Boone, Mike Mazzeo, Devin Kharpertian and Zach Schonbrun
- Brook and Blatche - Both on the Floor (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- On Staying Warm for Shot No. 1 (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Nets’ Careless Play Is Costing Them - Zach Schonbrun - New York Times
- Stefan Bondy on Sulia - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Evans may be odd man out - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Nets mull rotation changes - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Thoughts on Nets rotation - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- P.J. Carlesimo wants to pair up Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Deron Williams says LeBron James' run is 'ridiculous' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Reggie Evans knows he's become too easy to scout - Rod Boone - Newsday
Nets power forward Reggie Evans considers altering his game - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Carlesimo, Nets Ponder a Big Experiment - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Nets may shake up rotation, play Blatche, Lopez together - Larry Fleisher - Metro
- Turnovers Prove Costly in Recent #Nets Losses - Jim Mancari - SNY Nets