USA TODAY Sports
Hump on whether he'd be disappointed to leave the Nets, "It's hard to tell."
With only 19 days left to the trade deadline, you could have expected talk about possible deals to accelerate ... and that it did Friday when ESPN reported, and numerous news organizations quickly confirmed, that the Nets and Bobcats have been talking about a trade involving Kris Humphries and Ben Gordon.
After Friday's debacle in Washington, Humphries and others spoke about the possibility.
In tweets and a sulia entry, Stefan Bondy said Humphries was non-committal about a move. Asked if he would be disappointed, Hump said, "It's hard to tell." Rod Boone quoted him this way, "I don't know. It's not really something I'm thinking about a ton."
Joe Johnson was asked if he thought the Nets needed a trade. He said, "I’m not sure. We’ve shown signs that we can be one of the best teams in the league with what we’ve got. And then there are times when you kind of question everything."
P.J. Carlesimo simply said, "Billy and I will talk about that. Especially after a game like this, I’ll keep my mouth shut."
- Nets Said to Be Considering Deal to Send Humphries to Bobcats - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets lose to Wizards, interested in trading Humphries to Bobcats for Gordon - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Nets reportedly talking to Bobcats about trading Kris Humphries - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Humphries for Gordon trade talk - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- P.J. mum on trade talk - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game