Regarding his fourth quarter benching of Lopez, P.J. Carlesimo admitted, "It's probably something that I don't want to do in the future. I created the situation and it’s not a good situation. So yes, I worry about it that I need to address it and I worry about it that I need to watch what I do going forward."
Meanwhile, on the injury front, Joe Johnson practiced but is officially questionable. After missing two games, both close losses to playoff teams, he said he "doesn't want to get anybody's hopes up" about playing vs. the soon-to-be Pelicans. Jerry Stackhouse, who hasn't played since January 26, did not accompany the team to New Orleans because of undisclosed personal reasons.
Deron Williams on the other hand downplayed his calf injury. He said it's okay and he will be ready to go. Since the All-Star break, Williams is averaging 20 points and nine assists while shooting 52 percent overall and 44 percent from three. He's also 88 percent from the free thrown line. Williams' three point shooting appears to be contagious. In the last five games, the Nets are shooting 43.9% from three-point range and are averaging 10.8 threes per game. C.J. Watson is shooting 63 percent from deep in that stretch.
Based on tweets from Fred Kerber, Seth Walder, Mike Mazzeo, Rod Boone and Nets_PR.
- Nets coach takes blame for sitting Lopez late - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Having Lopez on the bench at the end of game is a trend P.J. would like to reverse - Seth Walder - NY Daily News
- P.J. worried about Lopez situation - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- D-Will says he'll be ready Tuesday - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Johnson questionable for Tuesday's game - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Joe Johnson Interview (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- P.J. Carlesimo Interview (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Nets Prep for Flight to New Orleans (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- P.J. Carlesimo questions himself for benching Brook Lopez in crunch-time - Satchel Price - SB Nation
- Brook Lopez's late benching a trend needing reversal - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game