Jason Kidd announced that Mirza Teletovic will draw the start at power forward for the Nets tonight against the Indiana Pacers. Kevin Garnett will move back to center, where he played often last season in Boston. Teletovic has been the Nets' starting power forward in two games this season. In those games, he has scored a combined 29 points and grabbed nine rebounds on 10-of-21 shooting.
Kidd did not comment if Mirza would be the long term solution at power forward, but he is the short term one.
This move means that Paul Pierce will once again come off the bench, with Joe Johnson starting at small forward and Alan Anderson starting at shooting guard. Kidd stressed that he didn't want to break up the good things that Andray Blatche and Paul Pierce have been doing in their reserve roles as of late.
Kidd said he likes Dray Blatche and Paul Pierce coming off the bench. Wants to keep it that way. #Nets— Rod Boone (@rodboone) December 23, 2013
In other news, Jason Terry will be active for the first time since November 20. Kidd said that he will "manage (Terry's) minutes" tonight, and work him back into the rotation.
- ESPN: Rockets asked for Deron Williams in trade for Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin
- Jason Terry is a game-time decision tonight vs. Pacers; Andrei Kirilenko is OUT
- Life without Brook Lopez begins for Brooklyn against Indiana
- Game 27 - Brooklyn Nets vs. Indiana Pacers
- Bojan Bogdanovic has worst game of season