The Nets are disappointing, with a losing record five games into the season. The Pacers are the best team in the East, maybe the league, and are undefeated, the only team in the NBA that can make that claim. The Nets lost in overtime in Washington, the Pacers continued two streaks, winning their sixth and holding their sixth opponent under 100. They're a defensive juggernaut.
Here's some fun facts about the Pacers start, from NBA.com:
-- Indiana has outscored all six opponents in the second half by a total of 85 points -- 53 in the third quarter alone.
-- At 6-0, the Pacers matched the best start in franchise history (set in the 1970-71 ABA season) and will go for the franchise record Saturday in Brooklyn.
--All five starters average double figures and all 10 members of the rotation average 5 points or better.
--The team as a whole is shooting 38.3 percent from deep and 45.3 overall.
--None of its six victims have scored more than 91 points.
--Other than Danny Granger, everyone is healthy. After missing three games with a sore hip, George Hill returned to Indiana's starting lineup Friday and managed 14 points in 19:25. MVP candidate Paul George (25.3, 8.2, and 4.3).scored 23 with eight rebounds and six assists, while DPOY candidaite Roy Hibbert (10.2, 8.7, 4.7) scored a season-high 20 to go with seven rebounds and two blocks for Indiana.
There's more, but you get the picture. For the Nets, Friday was another disappointment on both ends of the floor. It's still undetermined how much playing time Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce will get, kG because of minutes restrictions, Pierce because of a cold. Against Washington, the two combined for eight points.
- Brooklyn Nets: Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Indiana Pacers Game Notes - Indiana Pacers
- Pacers-Nets Preview - Nicolino DiBenedetto - STATS LLC
- W2W4: Nets vs. Pacers - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Nets Trying To Find A Rhythm - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- Nets still trying to find themselves - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
- No more excuses for Brooklyn Nets' Deron Williams - Johnette Howard - ESPN New York
- Will Kevin Garnett play in second game of back-to-back? - Jeff Zillgitt - USA Today
- Nets notes:Kevin Garnett wants to stay in lineup - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Brooklyn Nets: Kevin Garnett Wants In, Needs to Sit Out - Andy Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Marquee Matchups - Indiana Pacers (Video) - Andy Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Brooklyn Nets: Time To Panic After Wizards Loss? - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Deron Williams Holds Keys to NBA Title Hopes for the Brooklyn Nets - Michael Scotto - Sheridan Hoops
- Marquee Matchups - Indiana Pacers (Video) - Chris Carrino & Tim Capstraw - Brooklyn Nets