The Jazz are one of three remaining winless teams in the NBA but have a young athletic roster, the kind that hurt the Nets in Cleveland and Orlando. Problem for them is a lot of those young and athletic players are hurt, among them Trey Burke, the rookie; Jeremy Evans; Marvin Williams; and Brandon Rush.
Who will be playing? Two former Nets start: Derrick Favors and Richard Jefferson. Both are playing well enough but neither says it matters that they wore the red, white and blue of the New Jersey. RJ noted that other than Jason Kidd, there are few people from the old days
"The one positive for me will be to see Jason Kidd’s number hanging in the rafters,’’ he said. "That’s something he earned and I feel like the group we were with really accomplished a lot and it will be nice to see that recognized."
Favors claims he's over his anger at being traded for Deron Williams, along with the Nets pick that became Enes Kanter, the Jazz center. Kanter is currently averaging 16.7 and 10.0; Favors is also averaging a double-double at 13.7 and 10.7. The other young guys who could pose problems for the Nets are Gordon Hayward, the 6'8" swingman, and the Jazz high scorer, shooting guard Alec Burks, who's averaging 18.0.
Fof the Nets of course, it will be first time former Jazzmen Deron Williams and Andrei Kirilenko will be pooling their talents against Utah. Separately, the two have never beaten their old franchise. Both are 0-4. Brooklyn, of course, has other issues. If they had scored two fewer points against Miami, they'd be 0-3, too. They should be healthy. Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche were nursing ankle injuries but both are probable. D-Will is not expected to have minute limitations.
- Brooklyn Nets: Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Utah Jazz Game Notes - Utah Jazz
- NBA Preview - Utah Jazz at Brooklyn Nets - Nov 05, 2013 - Noey Kupchan - STATS, LLC
- Nets' many stars having trouble finding their roles - Barbara Barker - Newsday
- Nets’ Blatche: We’re in for a tough season - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets have no need to panic - Scott Fontana - AM New York
- Jason Kidd preaches Nets need time to develop - Mitch Abramson - New York Daily News
Starting Five: 'Going to be a tough season' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Utah Jazz: For Deron Williams, a crossroads season with Nets - Steve Luhm - Salt Lake Tribune
- Utah Jazz notes: Garnett will give Jazz youngsters an earful - Steve Luhm - Salt Lake Tribune
- Utah Jazz notebook: Playing against former team no big deal to Jefferson, Favors - Mike Sorenson - Deseret News