The Nets, in the midst of a panic-filled 13-game stretch to start the season, are still struggling to get healthy. The same four players, Brook Lopez, Deron Williams, Andrei Kirilenko, and Jason Terry were out of practice today once again. Lopez was in uniform, but did not practice.
Nets say Lopez, Williams, Terry, Kirilenko & Livingston (head) didn't practice today. Livingston is the only one probable for tomorrow.— Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) November 25, 2013
With the Nets hitting the road tomorrow, and coming back to Brooklyn to play the Lakers Wednesday, it is assumed that all but Livingston will be out. He was ruled probable for the game at practice. Lopez and Williams won't travel to Toronto tonight.
Rod Boone spoke with Williams after practice about where he stands, physically and mentally...
Asked Deron what his first reaction was in Charlotte last week: "My ankle's hurt. Not again. It's just bad luck." #Nets— Rod Boone (@rodboone) November 25, 2013
Deron's ankle is still sore and swollen: "I want to get back out there tomorrow, but am I going to? No. I’m just going to keep rehabbing."— Rod Boone (@rodboone) November 25, 2013
Asked Deron about his mental psyche: "Its frustrating. The first couple of days I was down just because it seems like I can’t catch a break"— Rod Boone (@rodboone) November 25, 2013
Williams told beat writers he's unsure when he'll play again, that he is day-to-day after last week's most recent sprained ankle.
- Brooklyn Nets' Deron Williams, Brook Lopez out Tuesday vs. Raptors - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
- Nets react to Derrick Rose’s season-ending injury - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Five Nets miss practice, Williams and Lopez out tomorrow - Jon Presser - SNY Nets
- Williams, Lopez to skip Toronto trip... at least - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Joe: Don't speak about 3Q woes anymore - Ohm Youngmisuk - ESPN New York
More from NetsDaily:
- Gerald Wallace says he's not surprised at Nets early woes, predicts better times ahead
- Russians support Jason Kidd, reports ESPN
- Unfortunate timing for KG commercial
- Bojan Bogdanovic has 12 on nine shots in rare loss
- Joe Johnson with a great individual effort as Nets lose 5th straight; Pistons win, 109-97