Brooklyn Nets GM Billy King met with the media today as the Nets began Day 2 of training camp at Duke University, and he left the media with a nice sound-bite. "This is the window," he said on championship expectations for the Nets this season.
With Brooklyn making two major moves this off-season -- trading for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry and signing Andrei Kirilenko; three if you count the Jason Kidd hiring -- King is essentially saying, officially, that this team is built to win now.
Here are a few quotable moments from King's availability:
And then, of course, this exchange:
- Nets GM Billy King on expectations for this season: "This is the window"
- Avery Johnson joins ESPN as an analyst, says he's 'intrigued' by the Brooklyn Nets
- For Andray Blatche, returning to Nets was easy. It was about loyalty
- Bojan Bogdanovic warms up for Thunder, turns down Turkish offer
- Barclays Center TV: It's 'back to school' for the Brooklyn Nets