Dexter Henry of NetsDaily video takes a look at the Jason Kidd jersey retirement ceremony Thursday night in Brooklyn and focuses on how Kidd talked about how he was taking his teammates and coaches on the ride up to the rafters, where he joined other Nets greats like Dr. J and Buck Williams.
As Kevin Garnett said after the game, "It shows a lot of class in the Nets organization with hoisting his number up and showing their appreciation for Jason. I'm glad to be part of this ride and say that I was here for that." Teammate Paul Pierce added, "He's broken my heart a couple of years in a row when he averaged a triple double."
In his comments, Mason Plumlee noted, "I watched him for his whole career. I was five years old when he started out."
More from NetsDaily:
- Jason Kidd jersey retirement ceremony all about team
- Bogdanovic opens Euroleague play with a bang
- Nets waive Gary Forbes, leaving only Chris Johnson and Jorge Gutierrez among camp invites
- On a special night for Jason Kidd, the Nets defeat the Heat, 82-62
- 2nd Half Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat