As the Nets prepare to do battle with their trade partners of this past offseason, the Boston Celtics, several former Nets have weighed in on the trade and their feelings coming back to their former team. Tim Bontemps, of the New York Post, got these quotes from the Celtics morning shootaround.
MarShon: "No, I didn’t take [anything] personally. It’s a business. When you get a chance to get KG & Pierce, you do what you’ve got to do."— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) October 15, 2013
Gerald Wallace was shocked that he was traded to Boston, noting that he had no idea the trade was going to happen.
Wallace: "I was shocked and surprised [about the trade]. I didn’t see it coming. I didn’t know nothing about it."— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) October 15, 2013
Kris Humphries, the longest tenured Net that was involved in the trade, said how weird it was to be a visitor playing the Nets.
Humphries: "It was kind of weird being on the bus going down the elevator ... I had never really been on the bus as a visitor."— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) October 15, 2013
Keith Bogans added some comedic relief to the situation.
Bogans, who admitted it was weird to be back, smiled and said, "Hell, I helped open this place!"— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) October 15, 2013
Stefan Bondy, of the New York Daily News, also reported some interesting details from the Nets-Celtics trade.
Brooks did have a rough sophomore campaign with the Nets following a successful rookie year in New Jersey, so it isn't a surprise to see that he requested a trade. Evans was part of the deal, but in the end, it was Brooks who was dealt.
- ‘Shocked’ Wallace took trade to Celtics hardest - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- In Brooklyn, former Nets look back - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Celtics' Gerald Wallace says he was Nets scapegoat - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- MarShon Brooks opens up about his frustrations with the Nets: "I didn't want to be in that situation next year." - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- The Other Side of the Big Trade - Alex Raskin - Wall Street Journal
- Nets players react to blockbuster draft-day deal (Video) - YES Network