ORLANDO FL - FEBRUARY 13: Dwight Howard #12 of the Orlando Magic drives against Andrew Bynum #17 of the Los Angeles Lakers during the game at Amway Arena on February 13 2011 in Orlando Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading and or using this Photograph user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)
Dwight Howard is a Los Angeles Laker. Shortly after 1 p.m. ET, the NBA approved a four team deal that sends Howard to L.A. and another 11 players to other destinations, most notably Andrew Bynum to the 76ers.
The Lakers receive Howard, Earl Clark and Chris Duhon from the Magic and send Bynum to the 76ers. The Sixers also receive Jason Richardson from the . The Sixers send to the Nuggets. In return, the Magic receive Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington from the Nuggets; Nikola Vucevic and Moe Harkless from the 76ers; and Josh McRoberts and Christian Eyenga from the Lakers
The Magic also receive three protected first-round draft picks, one each from the Lakers, Nuggets and 76ers, and two second rounders, one each from L.A. and Denver. The Lakers are sending a protected 2017 first rounder and a conditional 2015 second rounder; the Nuggets a protected 2014 first rounder (the less favorable of their own and the Knicks pick they acquired) and a 2013 second-round pick from the Nuggets (by way of Golden State); the Sixers a protected 2013 first rounder.
The Magic also comes away with a $17.8 million trade exception, which they will retain for a year.
- Lakers acquire Dwight Howard in four-team trade - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Dwight Howard four-way trade officially complete, Howard becomes Laker - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Dwight Howard traded to Los Angeles Lakers - ESPN
- Los Angeles Lakers are big winner in Dwight Howard sweepstakes - J.A. Adande - ESPN
- Dwight Howard headed to Lakers in four-team trade - Sam Amick - Sports Illustrated
- Dwight Howard trade analysis - Zach Lowe - Sports Illustrated
- Amick: Lakers' big winner with Howard deal - Sam Amick - Sports Illustrated
- Lakers remaking franchise with trade for Dwight Howard - Lee Jenkins - Sports Illustrated
Dwight Howard isrewarded for insubordination in Lakers deal - Michael Rosenberg - Sports Illustrated
Why the Dwight Howard trade was such a disaster for the Magic - Mark Deek - The Basketball Jones