DALLAS, TX - JUNE 16: Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban wipes a tear away during the Dallas Mavericks Victory Celebration on June 16, 2011 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Brandon Wade/Getty Images)
In Dallas, overnight, there was stunned silence. What was Deron thinking?? Mavs fans were certain that the local boy would return in glory to lead their team out of the NBA equivalent of a nursing home.
Now, there's recrimination. Marc Cuban blew up his roster to have cap room for D-Will, declining to match the Knicks' offer for Tyson Chandler, the Clippers' offer for Caron Butler, the Nets' offer for DeShawn Stevenson. His big bet failed. One columnist even called on him to sell the team!
Our only regret: No kick boxing match between Cuban and Mikhail Prokhorov.
- Sherrington: Mavs blew up a title team for this? - Keith Sherrington - Dallas Morning News
- Mavericks ran themselves right into this ditch - Mac Engel - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
What We've Lost - Andy Tobo - Mavs Moneyball
- Plan B is tricky for Mavs; here are a few options - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
- Lin-sanity in Big D? Report says Mavs pursuing Knicks PG Jeremy Lin - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
- Some national reaction to Williams' decision: Did Deron make the right choice? - - Dallas Morning News