The last time the Nets were on national television was March 30, 2011, right after Deron Williams joined them. That game, vs. the Knicks, was a last minute add. Now, with D-Will and the rest of the Nets in Brooklyn, they will be on TNT (3) and ESPN (9) a total of 12 times, including of course opening night in the Battle of the Boroughs. In addition, five other games will be on NBA TV.
One ESPN game will be a noon start on Christmas against the Celtics. Including the NBA TV games, all eight of the Nets' games against the Knicks and Celtics will be on national TV.
Among the other nationally televised games are a March 30 contest with the Heat in Brooklyn, a March 1 game vs the Mavericks and a February 10 game vs. the Spurs. The Nets will open with a three game homestand. After the Knicks, they'll face the Raptors and Timberwolves (NBA TV).
New Knicks beat writer Nate Taylor tweets that Brett Yormark asked the NBA to put the Knicks in Brooklyn for the home opener. "I don’t think there is any game bigger than Nets-Knicks on opening night in Brooklyn," Yormark said.
Most home games will start at 7:30 p.m.
- Inroducing the Nets Schedule 2012-13 - NBA.com
Nets to Face Knicks in Opener in Brooklyn - Nate Taylor - New York Times
- Nets hit the prime time: Brooklyn has 12 national TV games - Roderick Boone - Newsday
- Nets requested Knicks as first Barclays Center opponent - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Holiday Lin! Jeremy returns to Garden on Dec. 17 - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets CEO happy his team opening its season in a big way - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Knicks-Nets open season, but Jeremy Lin returns to Garden on Dec. 17 - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets and Knicks to face each other in Brooklyn in season opener - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Jason Gay: Knicks Need a Brooklyn Move - Jason Gay - Wall Street Journal
Nets and Knicks Will Both Work Christmas - Chris Herring - Wall Street Journal
- Celtics-Heat on opening night of the NBA season - AP
Nets to open Barclays Center against crosstown rival Knicks - Steve Popper - The Record
- Lin Returns to New York on Dec. 17; Knicks Open at Nets - Nancy Kercheval - Bloomberg News
Nets To Host Knicks In First Barclays Game - NY1
- 10 NBA games this season you don’t want to miss - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
2012-13 NBA Schedule Breakdown: 35 can't-miss games - Royce Young - CBS Sports
NBA's 2012-13 schedule: 10 games to watch - Marc J. Spears - Yahoo! Sports
- Ten noteworthy, not-so-obvious games to watch in the 2012-13 season - Eric Freeman - Yahoo! Sports
Dissecting the 2012-13 NBA Schedule - Derek Page - HoopsWorld