Mar 30, 2012; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Hawks shooting guard Joe Johnson (2) looks on against the New York Knicks during the second half at Philips Arena. The Hawks won 100-90. Mandatory Credit: Paul Abell-US PRESSWIRE
The Nets have all but completed a trade for Joe Johnson, the six-time all-star, league sources tell NetsDaily. In return, the Hawks get expiring contracts and a first round pick. NOT included in the trade: MarShon Brooks and Gerald Green. The Nets also didn't have to give up their own first round pick in the trade. The trade will not be finalized until July 11.
Johnson, who is still owed $89.3 million over the next three years, was dealt for Anthony Morrow; Jordan Farmar, who will be bought out at Atlanta's expense; Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.
As a result of the trade, the Nets are now eligible for the full $5 million mid-level exception (which they reportedly will use to sign Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic) and the $1.95 million bi-annual exception. They also retain two trade exceptions worth $3.0 million and $1.30 million, acquired in the Gerald Wallace trade; $3.0 million in cash considerations; Kris Humphries Bird Rights; all their own first rounders from 2013 through 2018 and the draft rights to two top European players, Bojan Bogdanovic and Toko Shenghelia.
- Nets about to finalize trade for Joe Johnson, according to source - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- With Eye on Williams, Nets Agree to Acquire Joe Johnson - Howard Beck - New York Times
Hawks trade Joe Johnson to Nets; send Marvin Williams to Jazz - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Nets close to trade with Hawks for Joe Johnson - Sam Amick - Sports Illustrated
What Joe Johnson trades means for Nets, Hawks — and Dwight Howard - Zach Lowe - Sports Illustrated
- Sources: Nets agree to Hawks trade - Chris Broussard & Marc Stein - ESPN
Sources: Marvin Williams off to Utah - Marc Stein - ESPN
- Joe Johnson to the Nets (Video) - NBA TV
- Joe Johnson is set to be the first official cornerstone of the Brooklyn Nets - Kelly Dwyer - Ball Don't Lie
- Nets likely to get Joe Johnson, not Dwight Howard - Al Iannazzone - New York Newsday
- Impatient with Dwight Howard circus, Nets move on with Joe Johnson - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Hawks agree to trade Joe Johnson to New Jersey, Marvin Williams to Utah - Michael Cunningham - Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Joe Johnson? Gone. Marvin? Gone. Danny Ferry? A keeper - Mark Bradley - Atlanta Journal-Constitution