July 12, 2012; Las Vegas, NV, USA; United States guard Deron Williams (8) defends against Dominican Republic guard Juan Coronado Gil (6) in the first half at the Thomas and Mack Center. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-US PRESSWIRE
The U.S. Olympic Team played its first exhibition game on Thursday in Las Vegas, blowing out the Dominican Republic, 113-59. Kevin Durant was the leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-11 shooting.
Deron Williams came off the bench and dished out a game-high 10 assists in just over 22 minutes of action. He started the second half and shot 3-for-6 from the field (0-for-3 from three), scoring six points. No other player in the game had more than three assists.
- Boxscore (pdf) - USA Basketball
- Dominican Republic vs. USA (Video) - NBA.com
- Griffin out, Davis has shot for US basketball team - Brian Mahoney - AP
- U.S. Rolls In Opener - Sekou Smith - Hang Time Blog
- USA showed its prowess on offense and defense in its first Olympic tune-up - Kevin Arnovitz - ESPN