We should keep Deron Williams
(of coarse), Jordan Farmar
, Kris Humphries
, Marshon Brooks
, Anthony Morrow
, Gerald Wallace
, Gerald Green
, Damion James
, Brook Lopez
, and sundiata gaines. Here are my reason why:
1.Deron Williams-All Star point guard, lead us in Scoring and assists, The player we need to draw other free agents and to build a contending team.
2. Brook Lopez-The man who would lead us in scoring, to me the best scoring center in the NBA, Who I know will having the rebounding season we expect from him. He will be our starting center(unless of coarse we somehow end up obtaining Dwight Howard
3. Marshon Brooks-A very tallented rookie who is a potential all star in the future, Our starting 2 guard next season. An excellent scorer who needs to improve on defense and the rest will take care of itself.
4. Anthony Morrow-one of the games all time great 3 point shooters and scorer in general. While he has at times struggled, he's always been a consistent player and has given us the scoring averages you need to win games. Plus him and Marshon Brooks are one of the best shooting guard rotations in my opinion.
5. Kris Humphries-You cant take for granted a power forward whos found his nitch in the NBA. He's the type of player every winning team could use. He averaged nearly 14 points and grabbedl 11 rebounds per game. He's an agressive player and his offensive skills have improved dramatically since a season ago. He should be given atleast a 2 year deal and remain our starting power forward.
6. Gerald Wallace-He's the small forward version of Kris Humphries. He's agressive and gives his all every game, He's a great defender, rebounder and scorer. The major difference is he's a more experienced player and he's a winner. Hopefully they give him an extension or can work out a deal and keep him as our starting small forward.
7. Gerald Green-We definitely got bailed out with him. He's proven he was a miracle find. A great shooter, who shoots at a high percentage. I think he was shooting nearly 50 percent during the season. He's a hard offensive player to defend. He gives us energy and a spark off the bench. He should be given a 2 year deal.
8. Jordan Farmar-In my opinion the best back up point guard in the NBA. He scores, He knows how to pass the ball. He can shoot the 3 very well and he averages double digits which is important for a backup guard position. Plus he's a decent defender. Hopefully he doesn't opt out(which Im sure he won't).
9. Damion James-I hope I wasn't the only Nets
fan paying attention to this player. He showed alot of potential. He's a great defender, very tough player and gonna be an excellent rebounder. Plus there was alot of display of a potential offensive game. I think that the Nets need to give this guy a chance and not give up on him.
10. Sundiata Gaines-There are always alot of mixed reactions regarding him. Here's my opinion. I don't think you can look at every team in the NBA and really find a back up to a backup point guard as talented as Sundiata Gaines. Yes he has flaws, as far as his offensive games and turnovers. But the man does have athleticism, he can score on occasion, and he is a tough defender. And he actually can handle the ball and pass. Plus he has stepped up in the abscence of other players.
I think the Nets should try to keep these players and fix up certain areas such as, a back up center for Brook Lopez (perhaps Kris Kaman), A back up Power forward for Kris Humphries (If the nets are successful in obtaining Kevin Garnett
, I believe he needs to accept a back up role to Kris Humphries. Kris Humphries has a future in the NBA and Kevin Garnett is still talented but he's not getting any better). There is a chance that the Nets will be signing Andrei Kirilenko
to a deal. That would give our team super depth and plus if Im correct he can be a hybrid forward. This is very specific but this type of team can contend, maybe not have the best record in the NBA. But this is a start.