Jimmy Kimmel Live! will broadcast from Brooklyn, the comedian's birthplace, the week of October 29 – November 2, to celebrate the return of professional sports to the borough. That's the week the Nets will open Barclays Center.
ABC announced Monday that the show will originate from the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), located two blocks from Barclays Center. As part of the week of shows, Jimmy Kimmel Live! will feature Barclays Center, the Brooklyn Nets, and the borough of Brooklyn, with special guests --Kimmel is hoping he can get Spike Lee; segments; and music acts.
"Jimmy’s appearance is significant for the borough and will continue to make the Brooklyn Nets a national story," Brett Yormark said. Kimmel, asked by the Brooklyn Paper what the Nets can do to match the Knicks' popularity, responded, "Spend a lot of money, and spend it wisely."
- Kimmel will do shows from Brooklyn in October - Verne Gay - New York Newsday
- Jimmy Kimmel to return to native Brooklyn for week of shows in October - Erin Durkin - New York Daily News
Jimmy Kimmel set to bring show to hometown of Brooklyn - Rich Calder - New York Post
- 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' to Broadcast from Host's Native Brooklyn in October - Hollywood Reporter
- Jimmy Kimmel says Brooklyn isn’t a punch line — chew on that, Portland! - Aaron Short - Brooklyn Paper
- Jimmy Kimmel Announces JKL Going to Brooklyn (Video) - Jimmy Kimmel Live
'Jimmy Kimmel Live' coming to Brooklyn Academy of Music in October - Sandy Kenyon - WABC
'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Coming To Brooklyn In October - Huffington Post